Campfire Ghost Stories

Campfire Ghost Stories


The black coffee I made was almost cold, I took a quick sip. Damar, Rama and Lemand are still busy taking pictures to meet the needs of their fans for the height of the peak of Mount. 

I cleaned the cooking utensils and put them back in my backpack. The weather at the top of the mountain is very beautiful today, I just smiled at the behavior of my three friends that afternoon. Suddenly .. 

"Woooy.. hurry up packing, see that. Black clouds are gathering, it's going to rain for sure." Damar shouted while pointing his hand towards the cloud that was starting to turn black. 

The three of them ran and rushed to pack up their war equipment and the four of us were ready to face the rain at that time. 

It didn't take long for the rain to fall, we decided to walk down the downhill track and the four of us were already wearing raincoats and carrying flashlights in hand.

Currently, Damar is leading the way as a Leader, because I think this task is very suitable for him to hold. 

Rama is right behind Damar as a land navigator. Rama's position is very important to determine which direction we will go. 

Behind Rama there is Lemand who is in charge of preparing logistical needs for the four of us climbing, this position is no less important when climbing, because we have to really count the food rations for days. 

I was behind Lemand, serving as a Sweeper and to make sure no members were left behind. 

The wind was blowing very hard, this could be seen from the weight of our footsteps, which were difficult because our bodies were starting to become unbalanced. 

It was raining so heavily accompanied by thunder from the sky, we still continued to walk slowly. The position of the four of us is still not safe because we have not yet reached the vegetation limit. 

“How much longer, Ram?” Damar asked Rama. 

"About an hour, Mar," said Rama as he continued to walk.

The clattering sound that I hung on my backpack was not audible because the rain was so heavy that Lemand occasionally looked behind me to make sure I was safe. 

"Bro, don't go too far, okay? It's getting thick fog," said Lemand shouting at me. 

"Yes, Man. Just focus, don't look back or you'll dislocate your neck, we're in trouble, there's no masseur here," I said, patting Lemand's shoulder. 

"Yeah.. if you suddenly disappear into the fog, then there won't be anyone who looks like you, Bri." 

"Ya.. ya.. you're naughty, like Marshanda." 

"Damn it, bring up Mother's name!"

We continued to walk along the slippery rocks accompanied by sand carried by the rainwater, occasionally I felt this sand really interfered with my steps because it entered the shoes I was wearing. 

Strong winds, coupled with the flow of rainwater made this trip very slow and draining a lot of energy. We've been walking for two hours and finally we reached the limit of vegetation. 

The wind that had hit the body, is now starting to be blocked by trees that are starting to be thick and tight. 

Of course the atmosphere turned a little dark, because the blackened clouds and thick trees around made the four of us more alert and more focused in choosing the steps to take our footing. 

Loud noises began to sound from the trees being blown by the wind and what made me worried was that the visibility was starting to decrease because it was blocked by thick fog. 

We have been walking for almost four hours but there is no sign that the rain will stop, I glanced at my watch showing 17:45. 

“Break!” shouted Damar.


Setting up a Tent.

The four of us stopped at shelter five, there was a building made to rest and because the weather was not friendly we decided to rest in this place. 

"Brother, it's already sunset. Do you think we should continue walking after sunset, or should we camp here?” Damar asked me. 

"In my opinion, let's just camp here. The thing is the weather doesn't support it, maybe the clothes in the bag are all wet. It's raining really hard, what about the others?" 

"I agree with Lukas suggestion. It's also not good to be forced to walk with this extreme weather." Rama said to strengthen my opinion. 

"Safe logistics, Lemand?" Damar asked Lemand. 

"Safe, bro." Reply Lemand. 

"What's the delicious menu, man?" I asked. 

"That's it, bro. We make boiled noodles, two eggs, mustard greens, one garden chili!” 

"Damn it! After eating, we continue to have diarrhea, Man."

Finally, we agreed to spend the night in shelter five. This place is quite comfortable and most importantly, we don't have to dismantle the tent. 

Lemand and Damar immediately made boiled noodles. 15 minutes a fragrant aroma began to waft and made the worms in my stomach start screaming 'hungry'. 

Soon we ate with gusto and after that we decided to sleep. I took a position close to the entrance and faced the outside of the shelter, next to me were Lemand, Damar and Rama. Somehow, I started to feel sleepy and I started to drift off to sleep. Suddenly! 

"Help! help .." 

I was startled by Lemand's very loud scream. When I started to open my eyes, my heart was beating really fast and the hairs on the back of my neck throbbed. I really can't believe what I see 

"Bro.. help me, bro." 

"Man.. Lemand!" 

I saw Lemand like he was delirious and calling my name, I, Damar and Rama woke up from sleep and found Lemand screaming with his eyes closed. “Man.. Lemand! U why?" I said while shaking her body.

Lemand came to his senses and opened his eyes, sweat dripping from his face with ragged breaths. 

"Are you delirious, man?" 

"Bro. We have to get out of this place!” he said. 

"What's the matter? What were you dreaming about just now?” 

"We can't sleep here, bro. This is their place!” 

"They! Who are they, man?” 

"Long story, bro. Then you won't finish writing it if I tell you here." 

The three of us were confused about what happened to Lemand Wikie's dream. There was no way he was joking at a time like this. 

"But it's still raining, man. It's impossible for us to go out at this time of night," said Damar, confirming the situation at that time. 

"It's going to be a lot of trouble if we keep forcing ourselves to walk when it's raining like this," Rama added about the situation to Lemand. 

"It's true what is said, Damar and Rama, Man. We'd better rest in this place and we'll move back tomorrow morning," I said while giving understanding to Lemand. 

"Anyway, I don't want to sleep here!" said Lemand with a serious face. 

"You why? Your grandmother gave birth? really want to go home," I said. 

"I'm serious, bro. I was visited by the guards of this place and they don't like our presence here."

When I heard Lemand's statement, I heard a woman's voice laughing from the roof of the fifth shelter we were in. 

Not only me, but my three friends heard the laughter. The four of us looked at each other and Damar looked down, his mouth muttering reciting the Du'a. 

"Everyone stay focused and don't stop praying," said Damar. 

The atmosphere instantly became very scary. Laughter sounded again from the roof of Selter, not only that. I heard like people talking and laughing from the direction of the Selter roof. 

"Oh, bro. They're talking about us!" said Lemand. 

“Aah.. could it be?” 

"Yes Bro. But do you think they are wearing raincoats or not? It's raining heavily!" 

"Probably bring an umbrella, man." 

"Heeh.. old man, you're still joking, it's scary like this!" Damar's voice cut off this unimportant conversation. 

Braaakkk .. braaaakk .. braakkkk .. 

The sound came from the Shelter's roof like someone banging on the roof. I saw panic began to cover our faces one by one, only Damar's face looked a bit calm. 

"If you stay here, I'll go alone!" said Lemand seriously.


Separated

I saw the rain slightly reduce the water flow and the rain slowly disappeared. We agreed to leave this place, because we didn't want Lemand to have to walk alone and decide to separate from the group. 

The four of us rushed to pack our respective equipment and immediately left the place. Damar again led the way, followed by Rama, Lemand and I were in the last row. 

Lemand and I walked a little distance from Damar and Rama. I was the one behind just following Lemand, we talked about the dream Lemand Wikie had. Unknowingly, the two of us fell behind. 

"Where are the kids, man?" I asked Lemand 

"It was in front of me, bro." 

"You always talk to me, so we're left behind." 

"Huh, don't blame me, bro." 

The two of us continued to follow the path and our footsteps stopped when we saw an intersection. 

"Are we turning left or right, bro?" 

"Oops, I forgot again, man." I tried orienting the terrain and trying to figure out which route we were going to take. 

I approached the two paths and read the trail, this was important and needed survival techniques to determine which path we would take.

I see on the left the path is a bit uphill and I doubt the path. On the right I see there are footprints and this indicates that this path has just been passed by someone. 

Lemand and I negotiated and we decided to take the path on the right. Lemand went first and I followed behind. 15 minutes we walked but we haven't found any sign of the whereabouts of our other two friends. 

The path is getting lower and slightly turning to the right and then going uphill. Our footsteps stopped immediately after we saw a crossroads again. 

"Brother, where are we going again?" said Lemand. 

"Take another right, man." 

We continued our journey back and almost 20 minutes, our footsteps stopped again. Up ahead we again saw an intersection with two different paths. 

"Bro, where are we going again?" 

This time I tried the orientation of the path back and I was surprised when I realized that we both just returned to the original point and just circled around. 

"Let's take a break, man. There's something wrong!" 

"What's wrong, bro? Don't tell me we're just spinning like you did when were on Mount Salak together, Damar?”

I couldn't help but stare at the question from Lemand Wikie's mouth. I did get lost on Mount Salak when I first climbed with Damar Gie. However, because of our strong determination, we both finally got out of the belly of Mount Salak, which is famous for being mystical. 

"Bro.. why are you silent?" 

"It's okay, man. Don't stop praying. I'm just afraid we're facing a mystical fog again." 

"Mystical fog? What's with the fog?" 

I just stayed silent and didn't answer. This fog will take anyone away from the real world and rarely can get out of the fog easily. 

In a situation like this I can only pray, don't let my suspicions be correct with the existence of the fog. 

It's not raining anymore but the presence of this fog actually makes me worried. “Will the events of the time on Mount Salak happen again in this mountain? If that's true, protect your Servant, O Allah," I muttered to myself. 

For a moment I was lost in a daydream and I kept trying to memorize the terrain but I couldn't figure out which path we should take. 


Meet the Female Ghost

I stood looking at the surrounding trees. The cold air kept haunting me, I really couldn't think positively when I saw the figure of a woman perched on one of the tree trunks around this forest.

I didn't tell lemand what I was seeing right now. I just pray in my heart to be given safety. 

"Man, let's go again." 

"But where are we going, bro?" 

"We're still taking the right, man." 

Lemand took the lead again and I continued to follow from behind. The figure of the kuntilanak (long-haired female ghost) which had been just perched on the trunk of a tree is now showing its activities. 

Sbe started laughing giggling seeing the two of us who couldn't find our way. Her laughter made the chills down my spine, I kept ordering Lemand to keep walking. 

This sighting is getting worse, even the figure of the kuntilanak actually increases and remains perched on the tree. 

I just stepped.. 

"Bang, stop first!" 

"What's the matter, man?" 

"I need to defecate, bro." 

"Aah.. you're looking for trouble." 

"Seriously, Bro. I can't stand it, it's been a while." Said Lemand with a face that began to turn blue with heartburn. 

"Yeah right there.. don't take too long!" 

"Yeah, just a moment, bro." He answered as he ran to the collar of the large tree across the lane.

I leaned against the rock at that time, I burned the cigarette that was in the jacket pocket while waiting for Lemand to let go of his desire. 

My eyes continued to sweep around this forest and I was surprised by the figure of a kuntilanak hanging from a big tree. The figure looked at Lemand who was defecating. 

"It's been taking too long! Where's the kuntilanak looking at it again?" I muttered in my heart. 

This kuntilanak figure begins to move his head left and right with the help of both hands. Suddenly .. 

Kraaaaakkkkkkkk.. 

One hard jolt made the kuntilanak's head separate from its body. What happened next was, the figure threw its head at Lemand wikie who was defecating. 

"Brooo.. don't joke please!" 

Instantly the atmosphere became very quiet, suddenly.. 

"Brooo.. whose head is this, placed carelessly!"

Lemand shouted awkwardly because he wasn't done with his stomach yet. Lemand ran with his pants still below his knees. 

He.. Lemand had not finished to defecate and was frightened by the figure of a head that suddenly appeared in front of him. 

Lemand kept running and screaming, "Damn ex-girlfriend's mother!!!" 

Lemand passed in front of me by running slightly astride his legs, because he was blocked by pants that were on his knees and had not had time to wash. 

"Emmm .. the smell. Wooy wash first!" I shouted to Lemand. 

"Later, bro. Let's run!" Lemand shouted and continued to run astride.


On the Other Side

The situation of Rama and Damar Gie. 

"Mar. Stop." 

"Why, Ram?" 

"Bro Lukas and Lemand where are they? How come there is no sound?" 

"Well, was it in the back?" 

"Yeah, it should be behind me." Rama answered Damar. 

Finally they both decided to stop for a moment. The wind was blowing slowly but the coldness of this forest could penetrate the nape of their necks. Suddenly .. 

Sreeeek.. sreeekkkk.. 

From a distance, you can see the figure of an adult male walking towards Damar and Rama. 

"Who is it?" Damar asked. 

"I don't know, Mar." Answered Ram. 

The man was standing right in front of Damar 

"Excuse me, brk. I'm taking a break here." Say the man. 

"Yes bro." Replied Damar. 

"Ooh .. by the way. Did you see or not my friend behind?" 

"I don't see, sir." The man replied to Rama with a flat look. Suddenly .. 

"Emmmm.. Ram. Why does it stink?" 

This smell really disturbs Damar and Rama's sense of smell. Who is that man? Why does the smell of this carcass exist at the same time as his arrival.

To be continued....

Read the other: 5 Short Scary Stories

Previous Post Next Post