5 Short Scary Stories Will Make You Goosebump

Short Scary Stories. On this occasion we present some mystical stories for you. 

To give you an idea, that the supernatural exists. How the story, let's see together.

Ghost illustration


Short Scary Stories Will Make You Goosebump

We start with the story of the haunted house. Prepare your mental. Look left and right, if alone.

Start.

#1 Harassed by the Ghost Woman in a New Home

That day I just moved to Kebumen city. The new house is quite luxurious but the conditions are a bit scary especially at night. 

The first night at my new house, things were still messy and I was looking after the house alone, because my parents were going to my family to ask for help in preparing for the salvation tomorrow night.

At that time I saw that it was already 10 o'clock and my parents had not come back, and because I was afraid I decided to sleep. 

While I was sleeping I woke up, and when I looked at the clock it was 2 at night and my parents weren't home yet. Because I was nervous waiting for my parents I decided to use twitter on my phone.

While I was online suddenly there was a knock on my front door. I thought it was my parents, and when I opened the door there was no one there and at that time I felt a bad feeling and I quickly closed the door. 

When I want to go to my room again, suddenly there was a knock on my door again and I was very afraid to open the door, but I am afraid that is my parents and would scold me if I do not open the door.

When I opened the door suddenly the wind blew on my shoulder and made me shiver, but there was no one in front of the house and I immediately slammed and locked the door, and ran to my room. 

After 10 minutes my door was knocked again for the third time and I was getting scared to open the door. 

But suddenly there was a voice from "my mother" who called "Bayu... Bayuu.. quickly open the door," but this voice was very flat. 

Even so, I didn't really pay attention to her voice and I went straight to the door and when I opened the door there was indeed "my mother", but her face was very pale. And I immediately close the door and return to the room casually.

But when I just closed the bedroom door, my cellphone vibrated and on my cellphone screen it said my mother. 

I immediately got goosebumps because "my mother" had entered her room, and I picked up the phone and then my mother said via cellphone "Bayu mom can't go home tonight, mom is staying because it's late," hearing those words I immediately ran to bed.

But there was a knock on my bedroom door and I couldn't think of anything. At that time I was like an idiot who just kept quiet, and the door of my room opened slowly and I was getting colder and colder so I became more and more silent and I tried to pray but I was so panicked that I actually read the fasting prayer. 

And I saw Mrs. Ghost was hovering close to me with sharp fangs and a terrible face as if wanting to pounce on me.

And when I was panicking, I said Laa Illahaillallah and the ghost disappeared and finally I could read the verse that I knew. 

Until the morning I could not sleep and I only read the prayers that I memorized over and over again because I was afraid that the devil would come again.

Around 7 am, I left the house. Once at the gate, I saw the gentlemen doing morning exercises and immediately asked about this house and he said that this house had been a place where a woman committed suicide. 

She committed suicide because her husband was divorced and I was even more horrified when I want to enter this house. 

After my parents came home I immediately told the incident last night and my parents just laughed at my story. 

And at the time of home salvation, I join and until this moment nothing happened again.


#2 The Story of Meeting a Kind Ghost who Awaits a Rented House

The story of meeting a kind ghost, the caretaker of a rented house, is based on an incident that we experienced. 

Three years ago, our family was forced to move to a rented house.   At that time we were confused about where to move. 

After searching for information on vacant rented houses around where I live, I finally found a tenement house at the corner of a fork in the road.   

It was in that house that the story of meeting the kind-hearted ghost of the housekeeper took place. 

The house is quite strategic for business, on the side of the road, although the road is small but quite busy. 

After seeing this quite crowded situation, I thought about opening a business selling handphone pulse so that it could help the family income, there happened to be an idle storefront, just right for the business of selling pulse. 

Without much thought, we immediately paid the contract money to the owner of the house so that we could immediately move into the new rented house.

Before our family occupied the new rented house, my husband first cleaned the house and did a little ritual by reading prayers to ask God for blessings us. 

After that, our family moved and settled into the rented house. When we had moved all of our belongings to our new house, we immediately arranged all the furniture in the house, it didn't take too long because we didn't have much belongings. 

I immediately put a storefront on the terrace of the house for my business to sell pulses. 

Although it was quite tiring, we were happy and comfortable in our new rented house. 

At that time, I still asked my brother to help me with capital for a business selling pulses, and the capital money was immediately transferred to my account. 

I immediately go shopping for pulse at a pulse agent.   I also asked for a banner from the pulse agent to be installed on the terrace of the house where I was selling it.

After shopping for pulse and all the equipment, I go home and arrived home just before sunset. I immediately put up the banner and arranged all the business equipment selling pulses in the window.   

Everything was finished when the Maghrib call to prayer was echoed in the mosque near the rented house.   

Then our family together went to the mosque to   perform the maghrib prayer in congregation.

Evening came, after Isha' prayer and dinner, we immediately went to sleep because we were quite tired all day organizing and arranging our new rented house and shopping for pulse and all business equipments. We soon fell asleep.

As usual, when I woke up at 12 o'clock at night, I go to the bathroom next to the kitchen to take ablution water to do the night prayer. 

When I open kitchen door, I was surprised, there was a figure of a woman in a black hood standing in the kitchen looking at me. 

"Astaghfirullahal 'Adhim," I said spontaneously.   

"Don't be afraid, I did meet you on purpose. My name is Laras, I also live in this house, but I will not disturb you and all your family.   I like that you live in this house, you are diligent in praying and reading the Quran, I also will help your business. God willing and good luck. Assalamu'alaikum," said the woman and immediately disappeared. 

"Wa'alaikumussalam," I answered. 

With my chest still pounding from shock mixed with fear, I went to the bathroom and took ablution water, then I did my night prayer and prayed as much as I could. After the night prayer, I went back to sleep.

We woke up when the God praises echoed in the mosque, a sign that dawn was coming. We immediately took turns showering and getting ready to perform the Fajr prayer in congregation at the mosque.   

After pray,   I prepare breakfast. I bought rice mixed with egg at my neighbor stall, across from the rented house.   

We also have breakfast together. After that, my husband goes to work and I take my two children to school.

When I came home after take my children to school, I immediately washed my feet and took ablution water, then by reading Basmalah I started to open a business selling pulses.   

I open the window cover, and I put the words “Selling Pulse” above the window.   

It was still early, the streets were quite busy. I sat and read a book while waiting for customers to come. Alhamdulilah, the first day I opened a pulse sales business, I got a lot of customers.

Second by second, and day by day we pass with effort, prayer and gratitude. Alhamdulillah, the effort to this day, selling pulses that I run with full diligence, even though it has to be interrupted by taking care of my family, is going well and making a profit. 

And what makes me very happy, from my efforts, apart from being able to increase family income, we can also set aside the results of our efforts to help our neighbors who are in need of a helping hand.

Not to forget, after every prayer, apart from praying for my parents, I also pray for Laras, the spirit who guards my rented house.   

At least, apart from thanking God, I also thank Laras,  a spirit who is the guardian of my rented house, for the moral support given when I met her that night.

That's the story, hope it can cheer you up.


#3 Ghost Story at University Dormitory

There are several mystical events from a scary true story that happened to this building.


Mysterious Wet Stains

I once lived in block C, 3rd floor room number 20. According to the informaton, block C on the 1st floor is the most haunted place. But I'm not too bothered. 

Just for information, block C is only for female students. It was my first year of college.

That time was 5:30 in the morning. I just returned to the room. But there is something strange with my mattress. There seemed to be a fairly large wet spot on the mattress. 

I checked here and there, found no sign of a leak or water seeping. So how my mattress got wet is still a mystery. And whether I'm thinking too much, or not, the wet stain looks like a ghost shadow.

Unable to calm down, I asked the hostel staff to check my room. They also couldn't find the cause of the wet stains on my mattress. After all, because these stains didn't go away, I finally asked to move out of that room.


Who Opened the Door?

Since I moved to another room, room 20 was locked. I suspect they actually knew something was wrong. Later I heard a story from another friend about this room 20.

So the story is this. Incidentally there is a student who lives next door to room 20. Every time he came out he often passed in front of room 20. 

One day, when he was crossing the room, suddenly the door of room 20, which was always locked tightly, … opened.

Wondering why the door opened, but having heard stories of wet stains, he quickly closed the door.

But the next morning, when he passed the room again, the door was open again. Curious, he asked the hostel staff. "Does anyone want to move into room 20?"

It turned out that the hostel staff was surprised to hear the story. Because according to him, he made sure to lock the door since I moved out because of the wet stain case. So no one ever opened it. So who opened the door?


Trance in the Bathroom

The story is in the F2 building. It happened around 2011. It is said that at that time the lights were out. So the dormitory conditions were pitch black. 

It happened that four female students went to the bathroom. It can be scary to go to the toilet alone so go together.

Well, what the actual situation is I don't know. What is certain is that the children on the 2nd floor in F2 said suddenly they heard a scream from one of the students on the 3rd floor. 

Everyone ran towards the sound. It turned out that one of the four female students had a trance. 

The situation was really chaotic, it was pitch black and there was a female student struggling in a trance.

It is said that after she regained consciousness, she said, saw a white light like a ghost in the bathroom. The light twitched, then headed toward her. After that she didn't remember anything else.


#4 School Girl

This story happened at the end of 2011, what month I forgot, maybe around September or October. At that time I was still a high school student. 

Kncidentally, I took an accelerated school, which is an accelerated school that is only taken in 2 years, which normally takes 3 years of normal high school.

It was a Saturday, my class was in the first hour of sports class. But at that time my sports teacher was having an obstacle so he couldn't teach. 

So the children are free to play what they want. The children immediately headed for the basketball court in the back block. 

My school has 2 blocks. The front block is the administration room and hall. While the back block is the teacher's room, regular classes and the field. 

Well, at that time I didn't go with the other kids, aka I preferred to skip school with some of my friends, anyways, we don't think the teacher is there either, hehehe...

I and 3 of my friends sat in the front seat of my class watching the 1st graders making a batik, because our class didn't have that lesson, so we were interested in seeing the kids.

At that time, I noticed that one of the girls was wearing the white uniform that is usually worn on Mondays during the flag ceremony, even though it was Saturday, and they should have worn their respective class batik uniforms. 

Obviously her appearance was very striking compared to the other children. This child is sitting batik alone near the fish pond, a bit far from the rest of her friends. She was sitting with her back to me, so I didn't know what she looked like.

My three friends finally asked to go to the cafetaria because they were bored, but I told them to go first because I wasn't hungry yet. 

When my three friends had left, the girl who was wearing a white uniform passed in front of me. Her appearance and face were normal, but he coughed and walked rather hastily towards the toilet next to the teacher's room. 

When she passed me, I saw on her white uniform there was a red stain like blood, she kept coughing. 

"What happen?" I asked her. But she didn't answer and quickened her pace then went straight to the toilet. 

I didn't think much of it, so I decided to follow my other friends to the cafeteria because I was bored.

A few moments later, my friends and I were back from the cafeteria. We sat again in front of the class while waiting for the gym class to end. 

I saw the girl was already in her original place doing batik. Because I felt strange with the child, I also asked my friends. "Eh, who's the girl in the white uniform? Why is she…” 

Before I finished speaking, the girl I was talking about suddenly stood up and faced me. Shre stared at me for a while as if she knew was being talked about. 

I was surprised, because her gaze was cold and strange. Then suddenly again, she ran and entered the art room. So, what happen?

Out of curiosity, I approached the art room. My friends asked me what I wanted to do, but I kept quiet. I peeked through the glass at the door of the art room, the door was closed. 

It was true that there was a girl, she was standing staring at the painting on the wall of the room. 

"This is a very strange child. It's not that the batik is finished, it's like a lost person in the art room alone." I thought.

I then approached Ningrum (not her real name) who was also making batik in the yard. She is one of my roommates. I thought she must have known that weird classmate of her. Then a conversation went something like this...

Me: "Ningrum, that's your friend who was wearing a white uniform, what's the name?"

Ningrum: "Huh? Which one? Is there any?"

Me : "Yes, she did batik there". (I pointed to the direction near the pool, but the batik equipment was gone. Well, I was surprised). "Anyway, that's where the point was…." (Still nagging)

Ningrum : "I don't seem to exist, sis.. What kind of child is it?"

Me : "The one whose hair is in one pigtail, wears a colorful bracelet on her left hand… Just when she was going to the toilet there was blood on her shirt, it look like sick, or why…"

Ningrum while gawking: "Really?". She pulls me away from the other children. "Sister, remember my classmate who died 2 weeks ago? Her name is Tia.... Did you see her? She really likes wearing colorful bracelets. She likes her hair in a ponytail, doesn't she wear yellow pigtails earlier, did you see that?"

Me : "Yes, that's right.." it's my turn to stare, while the body is shaking

Ningrum also said that when the child whose name was Tia died 2 weeks ago, on Monday, she said that when she came home from school, her gums were swollen and bleeding, don't know why. 

The blood continued to come out for some time. By late afternoon, she had a high fever, before she was taken for treatment, she died first. And she was still wearing the uniform at that time.

I did hear about the 1st grader who died, the friend of Ningrum, but I don't know who it was.

"Oh my gosh, who was that then? she entered the art room." I said still shaking. 

Out of curiosity, Ningrum asked me to check it out, but I hesitated out of fear. But, I just followed behind her. 

When we opened the door to the art room and peeked inside….. It was empty. There's no one. We both entered slowly. 

"She was looking at the painting there," I pointed to one corner.

Ningrum said it was Tia's painting, an art assignment a week before her death. The picture is about "going green".

"Tocke! tockee!"

Surprised by the sound of the gecko, Ningrum and I rushed out of the art room. Until in front of my friends I did not tell them about what I had just experienced. 

After that, I went through the routine in class as usual. I don't know if it's just me or what, it's like someone is standing right behind me. 

But I didn't care, I wasn't afraid either because it was daytime and there were a lot of friends around me.

It was actually Ningrum that was quite bad, at around 1 o'clock that night she banged on my door (our room was opposite). 

When I opened the door, her face was pale and asked to sleep with me. But because she couldn't sleep, she asked me to pray together at night. 

After praying, her mind was quite calm. She also told that while sleeping she had a dream that Tia came to her, the face was pale, the lips were bleeding, the clothes were dull and wrinkled like a tramp. She tugged Ningrum's hand and said, "Ningrum, Ningrum... friends, I'm lonely, I want to go back to school with my friends..."

I got goosebumps hearing that too. We then prayed for Tia, so that she may rest in peace. Then we went back to sleep. The next day went normally and there were no disturbances whatsoever.


#5 The Story of the Haunted Housing Block

Who would have thought that my father's official house was located in a haunted housing complex? 

Our family just moved house three weeks ago to the official housing complex where my father works. 

Our new environment is relatively quiet because the residents rarely socialize, but the place is comfortable with wide streets and shady trees.

It's so quiet, I've heard a lot of horrible stories about the haunted housing complex—or at least that's what they call my new place to live. 

Some people say that it's best if, before Maghrib (early night), I really sit quietly in the house.

The reason is, it is said, there is a red spirit that often goes around the complex to disturb anyone who is still walking around.

As a person who is not very brave, this story certainly scared me enough. However, after all, I just feel scared, not necessarily believe the rumors circulating. Just in case, I'm just doing some precautions.

If I had to go home at sunset, I would usually recite the Alfatihah over and over again. Of course, I accelerated my vehicle because I was worried about seeing a horrible red ghost.

One day Uncle came to the house in a bit of a hurry. His eyes were bloodshot, looking like a frightened person, right after getting out of the car.

"Why, Uncle?" I asked curiously.

"Uncle seemed to have bumped into someone on the road around the corner before got here."

I was surprised, “So what? Is the person injured?”

Uncle shook his head, then replied, "The person is missing."

After the Maghrib prayer (Uncle comes at the time of Maghrib) and drinking tea, then Uncle can calm down and tell me what just happened.

“Right at the turn, there was a woman crossing. It suddenly appeared. Uncle was shocked, then crashed. Uncle's head hit the steering wheel suddenly."

"Then?"

"When I held my head up again, the woman was gone. There was no one at all, not even a blood wound, even though Uncle was sure it had been a crash. But, yes, there are no houses around that have their doors open.”

Silence for a moment. Finally I asked, “What are the characteristics of that woman? Who knows I know."

"Uncle didn't see her face," said Uncle, "it's just that her shirt was red from top to bottom."

I, suddenly, felt goosebumps hearing Uncle's answer.


***

Uncle's story is enough to scare me to be in this haunted housing complex. But, anyway, I have to stay positive. After all, I didn't bother the "haunted" parties earlier, so I shouldn't have to worry either.

One day, Mother asked me to deliver a forgotten wedding invitation to one of our neighbors. We live in the same complex, it's just that it's a bit far apart. His house is at the back, while our house is in the front area.

At that time, it was almost 9 o'clock at night. The lights in the housing complex were haunted, wow, why do I even call them haunted? They were on, but the silence was really disturbing. Also, the light was quite dim, not bright at all.

In order to follow Mother's request, I set out. I've never been to Mom's friend's house, so I walk slowly looking at the number of the house I'm passing.

The back of this haunted housing complex turned out to be much quieter and eerie. It's so lonely, you'll forget that in this world there are busy events, such as festivals and birthday parties.

At a corner, I turned. There, I realized a motorcycle was turning in a small roundabout complex.

Very strange, I thought. Why would a motorcyclist circle a roundabout many times, at night, fully equipped?

When I approached the roundabout, the motorcycle was immediately ahead of me. Having felt relieved because of the feeling of "there is a friend", I quietly followed the motorbike earlier. It feels like this motorbike also leads to the house number I'm looking for.

A small turn awaits us. The motorbike turned, I followed it. At that time, I was shocked to death.

The motor was gone without a trace. At this turn, there is no one but me and my motorbike. The entire fence of the house there was tightly closed, there was no sign of someone who had just parked his motorbike .

Suddenly, I immediately remembered many stories about this haunted housing block. 

I feel like I just want to go home.

That's how we present this 5 Short Scary Stories for you. Our advice, turn on the lights, recheck windows and doors. 
Who knows... they will come to visit you. Whoa.. goosebumps.
Previous Post Next Post