Campfire Ghost Stories Part 2

This paper is the work of Lukas Priyatno, a mountain climber. This mystical mountain climbing story is based on a true story wrapped in fiction. 

This article is the second series, if you missed the first series, please look for it on this blog. Or, please click the link that we attach below this article. 

Let's continue the story.

Illustration


Campfire Ghost Stories Part 2

Rama and Damar felt nauseous because of the stench that bothered them at that time. 

"Ram. So what are we going to do?" Damar asked. 

"We'll just have to wait, Mar. Who knows Bro Lukas and Lemand will come." Answered Ram. 

Damar and Rama decided to wait for bro Lukas and Lemand. An hour has passed but the presence of bro Lukas and Lemand has not shown their presence in this forest. 

The man who was with them was silent and lastly he was known to be named Aji. He comes from a well-known place in the Jogjakarta area. 

"Bro Aji come here alone?" Damar asked. 

"No, bro. The three of me were with my friends, but they went down first." he said. 

"Loh .. why brother left?" asked Rama in a slightly surprised tone. 

"Maybe because I'm slow to walk so it hinders their journey to get down faster, I relented to be left behind, so they can get to basecamp quickly." Said Aji with disappointment. 

The atmosphere in this place turned very quiet, raindrops slowly dripped from behind the shady trees and fell to the ground. 

Which friend would have the heart to leave his friend alone in the forest in such a state! I looked at the man's right leg, it looked a bit bruised. 

"Sorry, bro. What's wrong with the legs?" Damar asked. 

"It's all right, sir." The answer is short. 

The rain started to get worse and they decided to set up a temporary tent while waiting for bro Lukas and Lemand to arrive.

Damar immediately unpacked his backpack and took out a flysheet then spread it out. Rama helped tie the ends of the cloth using the rope he brought, after 10 minutes the emergency tent was finished standing. 

Mr. Aji did not show any activity, he just sat quietly with his back to the two of us. Damar and Rama think that Aji is tired. 

After the tent was up they both went inside and.. 

"Mr. Aji, come in here." 

Aji turned and moved from his place and then joined Damar and Rama. The two of them continued to pay attention to aji's very strange behavior at that time. 

When Aji entered the tent, the stench again smelled very clearly. 

"Ram. Does this smell come from Mr. Aji, huh?" 

"Suuuttt.. don't be like that ah, if he hears, it's not good, Mar." Rama said in a whisper to Damar. 


Meanwhile, Elsewhere... 

I continued to run behind Lemand Wikie, an unpleasant sight at the moment. I had to watch Lemand run with his pants up to his knees. 

Can you imagine the appearance of what is in front of me right now? 

K don't know how long we both ran and finally we stopped at an intersection. I was out of breath because we had been running in fear all this time. 

"Afraid it's okay, but wipe it first, Man." I told Lemand. 

"Oh, come on, bro. I didn't even think about my heartburn. You know, the head is in front of me, that's why I ran away." Reply to Lemand. 

"Well, wipe it there first, if it's dry it can be a mess!" 

Lemand walked a bit away and picked up a fairly large leaf and then lowered it down on both legs. 

"Iiss.. you dirty, Man." 

"Oh come on, Bang. There's no water. In my bag, there's only enough water for the two of us to drink, Bang." He said with a shudder.

After our debate about the stomach, we both thought about how we could meet Damar and Rama again. 

"What now, bro?" Ask Lemand. 

"We have to go again, man. They must be looking for us." 

After resting enough, Lemand immediately put his backpack back on and walked to the front. 

It started to rain and the two of us continued walking along the path. The wind slowly began to become very strong accompanied by the arrival of a collection of rolling fog. 

"Why do I have to feel this again after my climb with Aras Anggoro on Mount Ciremai a few years ago." I muttered in my heart. 

The trees move because the wind is blowing very hard, creating friction between one tree and another. It made a loud screeching sound like the sound of people crowding in this forest. 

The atmosphere that was originally normal, now turned into a very tense. Up ahead I saw a black shadow figure who kept watching the two of us, whether this was felt by Lemand or not. 

But this apparition made me afraid to walk in the middle of an uncertain forest. I just pray that I don't get lost too far from the actual hiking trail. 

"Who's that bro?" 

It turned out that what I saw, was also seen by lemand. 

"Keep going, man. I can't see it clearly."

The two of us continued walking towards the black shadow figure at the end of the path. The longer it goes on, the more clearly it becomes that the figures are two men and one woman. 

"Eeh.. there is a climber, bro. Thank God." Said Lemand. 

"Excuse me, bro." I said rebuking one of the climbers. 

The climber just nodded his head without answering a word from his mouth. 

"Hey.. I'm Lemand. Who are you?" Said Lemand while thrusting his right hand towards the female climber. 

"I.. umm.." 

This woman probably smelled the scent left on Lemand's pants while running. 

"Emmm.. that...." my voice was muffled. 

"Erm.. um, I accidentally stepped on a landmine and didn't have time to wash it." Lemand replied while stepping on my right foot not to tell the truth. 

Lemand's awkwardness showed on his face and I couldn't help but laugh. If this woman finds out the truth, Lemand Wikie's reputation will be ruined that night. Isn't that right, readers? 

I continued to pay attention to the three climbers, there was something strange about their presence that night in the forest. 

Is this really a hiking trail? If this is really a hiking trail, why can't I find Damar and Rama. Immediately my heart pumped faster than usual, I noticed one of the female climbers who was talking to Lemand. I saw half of her face shattered and looked at me with very sharp eyes.

I was really surprised to see the change in this woman. "Are these three climbers not human? How can I tell Lemand about this?" 

I was frightened by the appearance of this woman, I wanted to run away from Lemand alone but I couldn't do that. 

"Man..Man.." 

"What the hell, bro? Don't bother aah.." 

"Go, Man. They're not people!" 

"What the hell are you talking about, bri? It's obvious she's......" 

Lemand's voice trailed off when he glanced at the woman and found half of his face had been shattered followed by a terrifying laugh. 

"Sataaannnn .. stuuupiiid" shouted Lemand then ran away leaving me alone. 

"Heeed damn boy, I was left behind." My voice shouted at Lemand. 

I just wanted to run but my footsteps stopped, I saw the woman holding my right leg with a very cynical look. Then I looked at the two male climbers who had been just standing and looking down. I saw their feet tied with thorny tree roots. 

"Please take us!" Shouted the two climbers. 

Seeing this I was really scared, for some reason my hunch said they were climbers who were lost in this forest and were never found. 

I tried to keep fighting, but this woman really grabbed my leg really hard. My heart is beating faster than before. My breath started to become irregular, I wanted to get out and didn't want to be in this place with this woman's appearance. 

I started to feel pain in my right leg. I saw the woman's fingers pulled out very long nails with rotting wounds. What scares me at this apparition is the sharp and vengeful look in her eyes. 

"Hahahahaha.. you're next!"

To be continued...

Read previous stories: Campfire Ghost Stories

Previous Post Next Post