Funny Story During Job Interview

Before the story begin, so that the reader understands the contents of this article, we need to explain the word "tokai". 

Tokai is a slang word for human or animal feces, in Indonesian. However, in Indonesia, there is also a lighter brand called Tokai.

Tokai swear in English is the same as shit. Got it? Let's move on.

Illustration


Funny Story During Job Interview

Tokai.

At that time, I had just graduated. The plan is that I want to be unemployed first after so many years of being tortured by boring lectures on campus. 

Until one day, someone named Nia called and changed my life. There was a strange conversation between me and her. 

"Hello! This is Budiman Hakim, right?" 

"Yeah, who is this?" 

"I'm Nia from AIM Communications. You have been asked to come to AIM for an interview." 

"Interview? Interview what?" I asked confused. 

"You applied here, didn't you? The application was processed so you were asked to come for an interview."

Well, I'm getting more confused. Because I feel like I've never applied there. But I also replied, "Me? It seems like the wrong person, I've never applied there. What kind of company is AIM anyway?" 

"What's wrong? I'm holding your application letter. You are Budiman Hakim, living in Benhill. You are 24 years old and graduated from UI French Literature. That's right, isn't it?" 

"Yes I am..." Weird! I still don't know how to apply if I haven't heard of the company. 

"OK, wait for next Monday, 2 pm. Meet with our Creative advisor named Gregg Geist." Click. Before I answered anything, the phone was turned off.

The confusion finally disappeared when I told my girlfriend. It turned out that she was the one who applied for work for me everywhere. 

"Aim is an advertising office. You should work in an advertising agency, Bud. The work is relaxed, fun and the clothes are not formal. That's why I proposed you to many advertising agencies," said my girlfriend. 

Hehehehe....my girlfriend is really nice, isn't she? But if you're applying for a job, it's okay to talk. So I don't need to be confused when I'm contacted. Whoops! 

Actually, I'm not really interested in working in an advertising agency. But to respect for my girlfriend's efforts, I just met the Caucasian from AIM. 


Job Interview

At 2 pm, I was already hanging out in front of the receptionist. Usually told to wait, Gregg is in a meeting, she said. Very upset. I didn't apply, I was told to wait. TOKAI! 

Tick ​​tock tick tock... the clock is ticking leaving 10 minutes. Tired of waiting. I want to go home. Later, I just told my girlfriend that I had come but I couldn't find the Crazy Gregg.

Just as I lifted my ass, the receptionist had already shouted, "Sir, please come in. Gregg is waiting." 

Arriving in the Caucasian's room, Gregg invited me to chat, asking this and asking that. I answered simply. 

Then he said that he would give me homework to make a print ad to take home. The time is given 1 week. It's up to me, he said, what kind of advertisement, what product... 

Wow... this is a hassle. I have to come here again. Really lazy. I said to Gregg, "1 week is too long." 

He smiled as he looked at me, kept asking, "How long do you want? 3 days? 4 days?" 

"Shall I work here now?" I said coolly. 

He was surprised. But finally he said, "OK! I give you 3 hours. At 6 I take the job." 

"3 hours too long. How about 30 minutes?"

At that time, what on my mind was, if my work is bad, that better. I'm definitely not accepted and don't need to work here. Who also wants to work in advertising. TOKAI! Again I cursed. 

Gregg left me in his room with a pile of HVS paper, pencils, markers, erasers etc. I was told to make any kind of advertisement and it doesn't have to be good. Just doodle, he said.

Okay. Then I make a solid black field. There are no pictures. Just black. Then there is white writing as big as a giant, it reads "TOKAI!!!!!" 

Phew... it feels a little relieved to be able to pour out my innocent annoyance for having been stranded in this place. 


Unexpected Event

Not until 15 minutes I was restless. Then I went outside and looked for Gregg. With the help of the office boy, Gregg finally entered his room. 

Looking at the clock, he said, "Has 15 minutes been up?" 

"Sure, please! Here's the ad," I replied, pointing at the picture I had just made. 

Looking at the item paper that says 'TOKAI!!!!', he's confused, he must be, hehehe.... 

"What's that ad?" he asked. 

"This is a lighter advertisement, the brand is TOKAI," I replied, laughing in my heart. 

"Oh yes? I just heard there is a lighter brand TOKAI? This is a fictitious brand, right?” 

"Seriously, there is. I brought this, really," I said. As a heavy smoker, I always carry the lighter everywhere. 

Gregg reached for the lighter and looked at the brand at the top, “Oh, all right! Nice lighter. Okay, then why is your ad all black?” 

"Look, Mr. Gregg, the pictures are all black because the lights are out. So people don't see it. The person wants to light a candle but doesn't have a match. That's why he shouted "TOKAI!"

Gregg listened to my ramblings with enthusiasm. “TOKAI has a double meaning. First, it can mean angry insults because the lights went out. Second, he wanted to light a candle but there was no match. So he shouted 'TOKAI' to ask someone to lend him a lighter." Hahahahaha… dead you, i lied to you!! 

Unexpectedly a bigger “disaster” occurred. Gregg's hands suddenly gripped my shoulders, his eyes wide with horror. Imagine! He was big, fat, bald head with a mustache and a very thick beard. 

Of course I was very surprised. I thought he was angry because he realized I was playing with him. 

Without taking his hand off my shoulder, he said loudly, "You are very talented at advertising! You were accepted! When can you start? Next week? Or tomorrow?" 

Oh my God! I just got a new understanding. It turned out that the Tokai lighter not only served as a friend to smokers but was also able to get me accepted as a copywriter in an international agency.

Read the other: Funny Story of Ghost and Taxi Driver

That's a Funny story during job interview. Hopefully this article narrated by Budiman Hakim on Facebook can make you laugh. Regards.

Previous Post Next Post